Stay up to date on all of our upcoming events by following us on social media.
Drop 1: Saturday, August 29th, doors open at 8am
Drop 2: Saturday, September 26th, doors open at 8am
Drop 3: Saturday, October 24th, doors open at 8am
Record Store Day is an awesome day at Mojo. We heavily stock the day's special releases, ordering pretty much everything on the official list and some unofficial titles, too. This year, things will be a little different. Record Store Day 2020 has become RSD DROPS!
What does this mean?
The RSD releases will be spread across the 3 dates. This year it's all about the special releases and as always, we plan to deliver! The party element won't be there, however, to keep everyone safe and allow for proper social distancing.
To see which releases come out on each date, please visit:
- 7 AM: We will start handing out numbers and wish list order forms. On the order form, we will list all releases that arrived and their prices. You then check off the releases you'd like to purchase. We highly recommend bringing your own pen, but will have extras if needed.
- Don't want to arrive by 7am? No problem! We'll continue handing these out as folks show up before and after opening.
- 8 AM: We can start selling RSD releases.
- Instead of folks crowding together to look through the RSD crates, we will do the shopping for you. We will use your order form to assemble your order. 1st in line gets 1st dibs, 2nd in line gets 2nd dibs, and so on.
- We will invite you inside to check out once your order is assembled, starting at the front of the line. Don't worry, our checkout processes are pretty fast at this point.
- Those who would also like to shop our store are very welcome to do so! Once we invite you in, you can choose to browse rather than check out immediately. We'll only limit browsing if capacity in the aisles becomes an issue, and then it will just be a matter of waiting for someone to exit.
- After 12 PM: We will start bringing out the remaining RSD releases for your crate digging pleasure. We anticipate that traffic levels will be closer to a normal day at the record store by this point. If distancing becomes an issue, we will limit capacity at the display and ask for folks to wait for others to finish browsing.
If you are able to be in the outdoor sidewalk line but wish to check out without entering the store: We can check you out on the sidewalk.
If you need to remain in your vehicle: We will come to you and provide full service. If you plan to participate in this curbside program, please email us ahead of time with a description of your vehicle, your license plate number, and the time you plan to arrive. If you are high risk and would like us to go the extra mile with fresh gloves, freshly lysoled shrink wrap on records, freshly sanitized square, etc., please let us know early on when we bring your order form. We want everyone to be able to participate in RSD. Quick reminder to wear your face covering when we come to your vehicle. :)
To answer some questions ahead of time:
- No, we cannot take pre-orders or do advance holds, to be fair to those in line -- plus that would be against the RSD pledge we signed.
- There will be some releases that don't show up or arrive late, which is out of our hands and happens every year. But the vast majority of the releases will arrive on-time.
- Doors open at 8am. People will line up ahead of time. Some of the most limited or most sought after releases will go quickly, but we've always had a pretty decent selection remaining through the AM hours and we'll even be surprised when some great picks remain through Sunday. So if you have a schedule conflict, it's still worth stopping by later. If you have your heart set on a particular release, however, we do recommend getting in line before 8am.
- During the morning hours, we strictly enforce a one-copy-per-title-per-customer rule. We want you to get as many different releases as your heart desires – we work really hard in the ordering to try to make this happen. But just 1 copy of each release, please, to be fair to everyone. After noon when everyone's had their chance, if you want to pick up a 2nd copy of something for a friend, it's cool.
- Appropriate face covering is required. If you forget yours, don't panic. We have disposable surgical masks available.
Would you like Mojo to host your event? Hit us up! Our availability varies by time of the year, time of day, staffing, the needs and nature of the event, etc. We've hosted small, intimate book clubs and concerts attended by 100+. The best way to inquire is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: we are not currently hosting events due to COVID-19.
Our YouTube channel features footage from our in-store concerts: